A Dadant Manufacturing Specialty
Hive Bodies and Honey Supers
Ponderosa Pine Wood Products
Our woodenware is manufactured from hand selected ponderosa pine. Each board has been carefuly moisture-metered to assure its proper moisture content before it is precision milled into the finished product. All our supers have “pre-drilled” holes for nails to prevent splitting during assembly.
- Handholds tapered cut for easy gripping
- Moisture Metering before cutting to prevent warping
- Uniform Interlocking Joints to prevent cracking
- Predrilled Nail Holes to prevent splitting
- Interlocking Joints for superior strength
- Ponderosa Pine from the Northwest
- Uniform Frame Rests provides the proper “Bee Space”
Dadant Quality Frames
2 Frame Styles
Dadant Frame Construction 18% more wood in the end bars (full 3/8 inch thickness). Grooved bottom bar stronger and easier to use. Note: Unless otherwise specified frames will be shipped with grooved bottom bars. Solid and Slotted Bottom Bars are available in 100 or more quantity. Please specify bottom bar desired when ordering
Wedge Top Bar
- Wood wedge is removed from frame.
- Foundation is placed in frame.
- Wood wedge is held firmly against foundation and nailed or stapled in place
Grooved Top Bar
Foundation is placed in bottom-bar groove and top-bar groove. This frame works best with a rigid foundation such as Duragilt or Plasticell.