Dadant & Sons has been a longtime companion to the beekeeping community. Since 1863 we’ve taken pride in the trust beekeepers have placed in us and our products. Your privacy is important to us and an important part of that trust. Any information we collect from you is used entirely within Dadant & Sons, Inc. and our subdivisions – we will never sell or give away any of your information to third parties. Your Information is used solely to give you a better experience when shopping with Dadant & Sons.
What Information do we Collect?
We collect the following information:
- Name, Address, Phone Number, Fax Number, and Email Address
- Demographic Information, Preferences, and Interests
- Information Relevant to Customer Surveys and Offers
For a look at the list of cookies we collect, view the “List of Cookies we Collect” section at the bottom of this page.
What do we do with the Information we Collect?
- Internal Record Keeping
- Improve Products and Services
- Send Promotional Emails
- Website Improvements
- Coordinate with State, Government, and Environmental entities at their request to alert the beekeeping community of potential issues.
How do you Protect my Privacy?
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have physical and electronic protections in place along with policies for accessing and handling the information we collect.
How do you Collect my Information?
When browsing websites, the website will send information to your web browser that will then store a file called a cookie on your computer. A cookie holds certain information from your time on a website, such as the contents of your shopping cart, settings you’ve selected, and other information from your time on a website. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better shopping experience.
What if I don’t want you to Collect my Information?
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Refer to your browser’s documentation for instructions on how to disable cookies.
Links to External Websites
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you are interested.
You may request details of the personal information we have collected about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of this information, please write to:
Dadant & Sons, Inc.
51 S 2nd St.
Hamilton, IL 62341
If you believe that any of the information we have collected on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to use at the above address or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|